The innovative new work order management system to report any facility related issue at a municipal facility, school, recreation center or park..
Green Initiative Division Overview
Department of General Services's (DGS) Sustainability & Energy Division develops and executes multi-million dollar energy conservation and sustainability initiatives across the DGS portfolio. The Division also manages the District government's commodity acquisition ($91 million in FY2012) and all utility-related functions, stormwater controls and waste management for government facilities.
The Division has aggressive energy, water, waste management and sustainability goals that will reduce the environmental impact of the District’s real property assets. Some of the primary objectives are:
- Reduced operating costs and improved asset value of DGS managed facilities and sites.
- Healthy and productive occupants and visitors within DGS facilities.
- Dynamic energy supply strategy that reduces costs, minimizes exposure to price volatility and increases renewable energy supply.
- Design excellence that is restorative to the local environment.
- Education of employees, students, building tenants and visitors on issues of sustainability.
- Minimal embodied energy and lifecycle demand within the DGS portfolio.