The Department of General Services (DGS) is happy to announce “The Launch Pad”. The Launch Pad is a new opportunity for DGS to engage local Certified Business Enterprises (CBE) through an innovative concept that works towards Mayor Bowser’s citywide initiative of creating pathways to the middle class.
In response to public requests for increased engagement with CBEs, DGS has created an opportunity for businesses to receive small contract awards with the District Government for innovative ideas tied to citywide development.
Following a concept similar to the nationally televised show “Shark Tank,” local CBEs get the opportunity to bring their talents to fruition by presenting their qualifications to DGS Senior Staff, who will be serving as Launch Pad Judges.
Each CBE is allotted a 5-minute presentation time slot with the Launch Pad Judges Panel — in return, their business can potentially be awarded a contract with the District (of up to $10,000). Each contestant works to efficiently and effectively convince the judges of their business ideas.
After the final presentation the judges will award one contract based on the qualifications and presentation of the companies that presented. A contracts will be awarded the same day of the presentations.
This initiative is open to all CBEs in the District. DGS encourages CBEs to participate as we continue our efforts of elevating the quality of life for District residents and businesses by promoting a transparent, competitive process for engagement. Launch Pad opportunities will occur monthly.
For Information About Upcoming Launch Pad Event: CLICK HERE
Monthly Scope of Work (PLEASE REVIEW BEFORE REGISTERING)
- The Launch Pad - OSHA Training SOW (February 2017)
- The Launch Pad - Sustainability & Energy SOW (March 2017)
- The Launch Pad - Capitol Construction SOW (April 2017) - Coming Soon!
For any firm that register’s through the DGS Website, please bring 15 copies of your presentation for DGS Senior Staff and an electronic copy should be sent to [email protected]
Other Initiative-Related Documents
Registration for April Launch Pad Event (Coming Soon!)
Businesses Registered for The Launch Pad Event (February 22, 2017)
- PEER Consultants, P.C. (Friday, February 17, 2017 11:46 AM) - WINNER!
- Smith & Son LLC (Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 3:38 PM)
Businesses Registered for The Launch Pad Event (March 29, 2017)
- Access Green, LLC (Monday, March 20, 2017 11:01 AM)
- Greenscape Environmental Services (Monday, March 20, 2017 at 11:01 AM)
- LED Partners & Associates, LLC (Monday, March 20, 2017 at 11:03 AM)
- Diversified Enterprises Group, LLC (Monday, March 20, 2017 at 11:31 AM)
- ECO Construction, LLC (Monday, March 20, 2017 at 11:37 AM)
- Tristar Solutions LLC (Monday, March 20, 2017 at 11:42 AM)
- Motir Services Inc. (Monday, March 20, 2017 at 1:04 PM)
- Leone Tech, LLC (Monday, March 20, 2017 at 1:26 PM)
- National Service Contractors, Inc. (Monday, March 20, 2017 at 1:45 PM)
- District Supply, Inc. (Monday, March 20, 2017 at 2:27 PM)
* - Registered after the 10 CBE Cut Off Point and will NOT be a participant in this Launch Pad Event