The innovative new work order management system to report any facility related issue at a municipal facility, school, recreation center or park..
Ward One Senior Wellness Center
The Ward One Senior Wellness Center is a 15,000 square foot structure that will provide several services for District seniors. These services will include health promotion and disease prevention activities as well as programs that promote self-care, exercise, healthy lifestyles, and longevity for District residents. The facility is tracking LEED Gold certification.
- Nutrition Education Room with full kitchen teaching/demonstration area
- Fitness Room featuring treadmills, elliptical machines, exercise bikes and weight training machines
- Multipurpose Room for large gatherings and aerobic exercise equipment
- Computer Training Room with more than a half dozen computers
- Reading Meditation Room
- Social/Cognitive Activity Room
- Conference Room
- Massage Room
- Accessible Roof with Rooftop Seating
The District held a ribbon cutting ceremony on September 10, 2010. To watch the event, please see the video.
Project at a Glance
Project Title: Ward One Senior Wellness Center
Providing Agency: Department of General Services
Type: New Construction
Completed Date: September 10, 2010
Actual Budget: $4,350,000.00
Location: 3531 Georgia Avenue, NW
Milestones and Deliverables
Ward One Senior Wellness Center:
Construction: Fall 2009 - Fall 2010
Project Completion: Fall 2010