Langdon Elementary School built in 1920 is scheduled to be renovated in phases beginning in FY2014 thru FY2015.
The first phase of the project will commence in the summer of 2014 with the demolition of the west wing of the building, the demolition of the southern infill of the 1970’s building, and the interior renovation of the entire west wing.
From fall 2014 - spring 2015, the New Stem/Administration Area and stairs will be under construction. In summer 2015, the New Stem/Administration Area and stairs, and the renovation of the west wing (with exception of the 1959 building) will be completed.
Langdon ES Phase -1 Scope of Work for the west wing unless otherwise noted is below:
- Installation of new lighting fixtures and repair & replacement of windowpanes in order to improve the natural and artificial lighting introduced into each classroom.
- Demolition of west wing infill. Demolition of southern infill of the 1970’s building.
- Repair or replacement of in-classroom heating and ventilation equipment in order to control temperature, air filtration, carbon dioxide levels, and equipment background noise.
- Installation of new ceilings, flooring, and audio amplification to help control sound quality.
- Installation of new data connections and audio-visual equipment to support on-line learning resources; installation of adaptable and flexible furniture systems for both students and teachers.
- Upgrade Classrooms and Library to accommodate EdSpec requirements.
- Replacement of existing steam boilers, radiator units and window AC units with more efficient HVAC system consisting of Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) system and central dedicated outside air system (DOAS).
- Upgrade of IT, Communication and Security equipment and wiring.
- New ADA compliant elevator that has access to street level and goes to all, Basement through 2nd Floor.
- Replacement of all exterior doors.
- Renovation of bathrooms and construction of new bathrooms.
- Provide Smartboards as required in the EdSpec in every classroom.
- New storage spaces throughout the building.
Langdon Elementary School Modernization Project - Community Meeting Presentation June 12, 2014