Stanton Elementary is housed in the main School Building of a two-building campus. The Main School Building and an adjacent Annex Building were both built in the 1940’s. The Main School Building is a four-story concrete frame and brick building and the Annex is a one-story, 13,000 sq-ft masonry building with a wood framed roof.
The Main Building of the school will receive a “Phase 1” renovations and an addition.
Important scope of work elements include:
- Install security doors and cameras throughout the building, with security monitors at security desk and main office.
- Replace classroom entry doors and doorways.
- Install new flooring (in selected areas), partition walls, acoustical ceiling tile, and lighting fixtures in all classroom spaces.
- Modernize the main office, including the Principal’s office, conference room, administrative area, and “welcome” areas. The nurses’ suite will also be enhanced to include an ADA compliant bathroom.
- Install new marker-boards, tack-boards, casework, projection screen, audio/video equipment, and Smart Boards. Install new electrical outlets, voice, data, and CATV ports as required for new classroom configurations.
- Provide new FF&E in all necessary rooms and classroom spaces (desks, chairs, shelving, storage/lockers, etc.).
- Install new elevator shaft and elevator.
- Replace the existing heating units with new ventilation systems in the classroom spaces to ensure year-long thermal comfort of the occupants.
- Install new VRF system to all areas of the main building and the gymnasium area.
- Install new restrooms fixtures: in group restrooms, locker rooms, and also install a new restroom in the Principal’s office. The other restrooms will be modernized with new fixtures; floorings, ceilings and lightings, and ADA compliant restrooms will be located on each floor.
- Replace existing windows with specified glazing at entrances and throughout the building.
DCPS Project Manager: Christina Weaver
For more pictures visit our Flickr Page!
Stanton Elementary School Project - Community Meeting Presentation June 11, 2014