Across the District, building security is a large piece of keeping our people safe. DGS's Protective Services Division, in combination with the Metropolitan Police Department and security contractors, works diligently to protect our city’s investments, residents and visitors.
For emergencies, please dial 911. All non-emergency calls can be directed to the Mayor’s Citywide Call Center at 311.
District employees can also visit PSD offices at:
Central Communications Center
Security for Special Events
You can contact PSD to request additional security for a special event.
Examples of an appropriate time to contact PSD for additional security may include:
- VIP/Special Visitors who require enhanced security
- Large scale training events
- Meetings or events expecting a large number of attendees
- Any event outside of normal business hours
- Reductions in Force (RIF)
If in doubt, please email PSD and allow our professionals to assess the event for any additional security needs.