The Protective Services Division (PSD) is responsible for processing access control requests. Access control regulates all movement (personnel, vehicle, or delivery) into, out of, and within a designated District facility, building, or area to ensure that only authorized personnel, cars, or materials enter.
PSD utilizes several access control mechanisms throughout District facilities, including personnel access control (DC One Card), visitor badges, coded credentials (key-card), and fleet transponders.
Only authorized agency personnel are able to make an access control request by submitting an email to [email protected]. The email must include:
- Authorized requestors name and job title
- What you are requesting (i.e. deactivate badge)
- Employee’s DC One Card number
An agency that would like to update or add a name to the Access Control Authorization List should do the following:
- Send an email to [email protected]
- Email must come from the agency Director or their designee (i.e. Chief of Staff)
- Email should contain the name(s) of the authorized personnel who can request access control changes
- Include their job title and contact information