The Department of General Services’ Capital Construction Division (CCD) aspires to consistently deliver superior construction projects in the built environment while also delivering the public building needs for District government agencies. The CCD ensures the effective and efficient planning and project management of construction modernizations, stabilizations and renovations of educational, public safety, municipal, and recreation facilities for the District.
The Division implements and manages public building needs through the DGS Capital Improvements Plan for most District government agencies, including:
• Rehabilitation of existing properties and construction of new facilities
• Ensuring the timely and cost-effective delivery of superior and quality engineering and design
• Construction, as well as a variety of other technical services, on all relevant capital development
Summary of Services
The Capital Construction Division plans designs and builds on behalf of District agencies, residents, and visitors. These services enhance and support healthy work, school, and recreational spaces, which include:
• Project Planning
• Project Management Services
• Feasibility Studies
• Facility Condition Assessments
• Building Turnover / Close Out Services
• Utility Coordination
By the Numbers
• Major projects completed include 15 Municipal; 15 Schools and 23 Recreation Centers
• Completed 53 Small Capital Projects.