The Portfolio Management Division (PMD) of the Department of General Services manages and secures approximately 191 million square feet of District-owned and leased properties. Through a broad range of real estate management functions, PMD provides a multitude of property-related services to both District agencies and their constituents.
In addition, PMD administers leases as the landlord to third party tenants and provides services to the agency’s constituents through business operations such as the historic Eastern Market. Eastern Market is entirely managed by the PMD, which secures vendors and provides activities on weekends and nights. PMD’s Realty and Asset Management specialists provide analytical services to support District leadership.
Summary of Services
In addition to managing capital improvement and construction programs for a variety of District Government agencies, the Portfolio Management Division is dedicated to:
• Executing real property acquisitions by purchase or lease
• Disposing of property through sale, lease or other authorized methods
• Managing space in buildings and adjacent areas
• Implementing long-term strategic real estate plans
• Forecasting client-agency real estate requirements
• Supporting client-agency space planning needs
• Providing portfolio analytics and decision support technologies