The Department of General Services (“Department” or “DGS”) is issuing this Request for Proposals to engage a construction manager to engage one or more contractors to serve as the construction managers (each, a “Construction Manager”) for two short term family housing facilities (the “Project”). A description for each facility is listed below:
- Ward 7 Thirty Five (35) Unit Facility: The Department has engaged Cunningham Quill Architects (“Cunningham Quill”) to develop a design for a new short term family housing facility, which will be approximately 34,700 square feet and accommodate thirty five family units, located at 5004 D Street SE, Washington, DC. The Project shall attain a minimum of LEED for Homes Gold certification.
- Ward 8 Fifty (50) Unit Facility: The Department has engaged Sorg & Associates P.C. (“Sorg”) to develop a design for a new short term family housing facility, which will be approximately 38,000 square feet and accommodate fifty family units located at 4200 6th Street SE, Washington DC. The Project shall attain a minimum of LEED for Homes Gold certification.
The below link is for Attachment A – Wards 7 and 8 Design Documents:
Below is the procurement schedule.
- Issue RFP - October 3, 2016
- Pre-proposal Conference - October 6, 2016
- Site Visit - October 11, 2016 [Ward 7 (Time TBD); Ward 8 (Time TBD)]
- Last Day for Questions/Clarifications - October 14, 2016
Proposals Due - October 25, 2016