The selected A/E will be required to modernize the existing, Jelleff Community Center into an all-inclusive facility catering to people of all ages and abilities. Building amenities shall include but are not limited to:
- An additional half sized gym with 24’ ceiling.
- New common atrium area.
- A workout room that could be populated with exercise machines.
- Expanded locker facilities that could also be used by pool patron and accessible from both inside the building and the exterior.
- Flexible meeting rooms located near a catering kitchen.
- Offices for community groups and Advisory Neighborhood Commissioners.
- Excavations (“English Basements”) at the perimeter that allow natural light into the lower level.
- Accessibility as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act for all, via an elevator that reaches all levels and an at grade entrance to the primary building lobby.
Address: 3265 S Street, NW
DPR Project Manager: Peter Nohrden
DGS Project Manager: Sean Garganio
Project Status: Procurement
Feasibility Study by: Perkins-Eastman
Study Start Date: November 2020
Study End Date: March 2021
Project Delivery: Design-Build
General Contractor: TBD
Current Budget: $27M
Construction Start Date: TBD
Construction End Date: TBD
DGS Contact: Wayne Gore
Jelleff Recreation Center Feasibility Study Information :