Jelleff Community Center will be designed and built into an all-inclusive facility catering to people of all ages and abilities. Building amenities shall include but are not limited to:
- An additional half sized gym with 24’ ceiling.
- New common atrium area.
- A workout room that could be populated with exercise machines.
- Expanded locker facilities that could also be used by pool patron and accessible from both inside the building and the exterior.
- Flexible meeting rooms located near a catering kitchen.
- Offices for community groups and Advisory Neighborhood Commissioners.
- Excavations (“English Basements”) at the perimeter that allow natural light into the lower level.
- Accessibility as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act for all, via an elevator that reaches all levels and an at grade entrance to the primary building lobby.
Address: 3265 S Street, NW
DPR Project Manager: Peter Nohrden
DGS Project Manager: Sean Garganio
Project Status: Design
Feasibility Study by: Perkins-Eastman
Design Start Date: Fall 2022
Design End Date: TBD
Project Delivery: Design-Bid-Build
Architect: DRL Group
General Contractor: TBD
Current Budget: $28M
Construction Start Date: TBD
Construction End Date: TBD
DGS Contact: Wayne Gore
- Jelleff Community Center Concept Design Community Meeting Presentation - November 8, 2023
- Jelleff Community Center Concept Design Community Meeting Presentation Video Recording - July 11, 2023
- Jelleff Community Center Concept Design Community Meeting Presentation - July 11, 2023
- Jelleff Community Center Meeting Presentation November 7th 2022
- Jelleff Community Meeting Presentation (May 8, 2019)
- Jelleff Recreation Center Feasibility Study Information
- Jelleff Community Center Community Meeting November 7, 2022
- Jelleff Community Center Community Meeting (May 8, 2019)