This project is a 4.27 acre site acquired in FY17 that requires maintenance infrastructure, office space, and space for parking to meet OSSE DOT's needs. Adams Place and New York Avenue terminals will be relocated and consolidated to the W Street property terminal. The new location will serve as the main bus terminal and repair/maintenance facility. It will also be used as swing space during the major renovations of the 5th Street Terminal.
Project Address: 1601 W St. NE
Project Ward: 5
Project Budget: $22.75M
DGS Project Manager: David Wooden
Architect: Alphatec, PC
General Contractor: Consys, Inc.
Project Start Date: Winter 2017
Project Completion Date: Summer 2024
Project Status: Construction
Project Delivery: Design/Bid/Build
DGS Contact: Wayne Gore
Construction of the OSSE-DOT Facility is in full swing, we are currently working on the installation of the building’s structural steel Vertical construction is ongoing. Steel has been erected for the first and second floors with select columns reaching the third floor. Steel supports for stairways are in process. Steel decking on the first floor is complete and the second floor is 80% complete. First floor lightweight concrete deck pour is expected in the next week. Concrete block (CMU) being installed. As a result of a discovered stream at the rear of the property, there may be up to a 25'-0" setback from the stream bank. This has eliminated some parking. We currently expect 201 available parking spaces. Discussions with DOEE are in process. AMT has provided an updated plan to reflect a reduced setback and it has been reviewed by DGS and OSSE. AMT will be submitting updated plans to DOEE for final determination in the next 2 weeks.
- Air Quality Analysis
- ANC Briefing March 2019
- OSSE Bus Terminal Presentation (May 2019)
- OSSE Bus Terminal Presentation (October 2019)
- OSSE Bus Terminal Traffic Impact Study
- Consys - 1601 W Street Sampling & Testing Results - Garage Bay Building
- Consys - 1601 W Street Sampling & Testing Results - Bldg B & Bldg C
- Soil Excavation Testing Report
- 601 W ST NE - OSSE Bus Terminal (UST Removal Documents)
- OSSE Bus Terminal Traffic Impact Study (May 2019)
- Bus Terminal Air Quality Report