The Park View Field House is located on the site Park View Recreation Center, 696 Otis Place, NW, Washington, DC 20010. The Field House was constructed in 1932 and is a one and a half story Colonial Revival style building. The scope of work includes the following:
- Remove existing asphalt shingles and replace with composite slate roof – color is midnight gray/charcoal blend.
- Replace gutters and downspouts
- Hazardous abatement to be performed of interior prior to demolition.
- Repair exterior brick mortar as required
- Remove existing porch enclosure and reconstruct porch as originally built.
- Exterior doors and frames to be replaced and restored to historic record.
- Exterior windows to be replaced to match historic record.
- Exterior to be painted.
- Existing ramp to be removed and replaced with ADA accessible ramp.
- Existing restroom to be reconfigured with ADA layout with new lighting and plumbing fixtures.
- Existing painted stairs to be stripped, repaired and stained to restore to original condition.
- Newly configured reception area to receive kitchenette casework cabinets.
- Attic and above area adjacent to stairs will have all existing plaster removed and replaced with new drywall.
- Attic and above area adjacent to stairs to receive new lighting.
- All interior to be painted.
- Electrical switches, power outlets and cover plates to be replaced.
- New smoke detectors to be installed.
DGS Project Manager: E. Jeff Licklider
Renovated Field House